Soliant has partnered with a client based in Yuma, AZ to place a part-time Physical Therapist for the 2018-2019 school year.
Details of this position below:
- 3 days per week
- Work with K-12 students
- Ideal assignment for local Physical Therapists looking to add more to their existing schedules
Essential functions of the Physical Therapist consist of the following:
- Select and administer appropriate assessment tools to evaluate students’ functional abilities and needs in relevant educational environments in order to contribute to student education plans. Instruct staff in their administration and relevance to school-based service.
- Interpret and report on results of assessments to all stakeholders through the IEP team process.
- Use clinical knowledge and student assessment data to collaborate with the school team in the development of student education plans.
- Recommend appropriate services to support the educational plan (therapy service and method of delivering service)
- Develop effective data collection tools to monitor and record student progress; Report regularly on functioning to support skill generalization within the school setting
- Develop and implement intervention strategies to enable student participation in the educational program.
- Select appropriate adaptive materials or equipment as needed to support school access and/or participation in the educational program. Train students and/or teams in their use.
- Maintain current documentation of service delivery that meets requirements of state licensing board.
- Manage a caseload and convey essential information to colleagues/team members to ensure effectiveness and continuity of services
- Provide supervision of paraprofessional and clerical personnel as needed
- Ensure compliance with the IEP team approved service delivery plan for all identified students.
In order to provide physical therapy in schools, applicants must be eligible, or hold, a license in Physical Therapy from the state of Arizona, as well as a fingerprint clearance card, issued by the Department of Public Safety. If you are an out-of-state employee, Soliant can provide guidance and support in the licensure process.
To apply, please upload your resume using the button below, or e-mail it directly to Monica Guu at email@example.com I welcome phone inquiries at (770) 723-3774